Copy files from local workstation to ESXi server
I had gone through the following methods and none seems to work:
1. Disable the firewall on my laptop
2. Run the Winscp from another laptop
3. Use older version of WinSCP
The host is definitely pingable and can be connected with putty, it's just WinSCP fails to connect.
I got fed up and switch to Fast Veeam. However when I try to download Fast Veeam, it requires a login now. Last time I have registered before but forgot the password, so I just clicked "Forgot password" and waiting for the verification to be delivered to my email.
Hours of waiting and yet I didn't see any email. I went back and clicked the "Forgot password" few more times and still see nothing.
So I gave up on Veeam finally.
I sat there thinking on how to copy files to ESX. I know this can be achieved by command way but just too lazy to find out how. While browsing through Vpshere client, suddenly I saw some upload button. Out of curiosity, I tried on it.
Yes, it can just work. So here are the steps:
1. From Vpshere client, browse to the Datastore
2. You can see the upload or download button as shown in the red circle below:
3. The left is the upload button i.e. for you to copy files or folders to the ESX server
4. The right is the download button i.e for you to copy files or folder from ESX server.
So this method will allow you to transfer files between your PC and ESX without using a third party tool.